COVID-19 UPDATE: Monday, May 4, 2020
As Governor Abbott continues to re-open businesses, for your safety, we will continue to follow enhanced cleaning procedures and limit customer capacity to 25% with safe social distancing at all times. Also, until further notice, please be aware of the additional safety measures in our stores:
- For public safety, a facial covering like a mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief that covers your nose and mouth is required.
- Customers and team members need space to maintain the recommended social distancing and 25% capacity requirements. This may require that we meter guests during busy times.
- Please comply with all social distancing markers inside and outside our stores.
- We will continue to monitor guests’ temperatures with a laser thermometer before allowing entry. If your temperature measures over 99.6 degrees, the CDC temperature guideline, please go home and call the store for further assistance. We are happy to assist you from home.
- Typically our stores are family-friendly environments, but these are not typical circumstances. Please leave children at home. Respectfully, we state that no persons under 18 years of age are allowed.
Updated store hours: All stores are open Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
Please note! By visiting our store, you voluntarily assume all risks associated with possible exposure to COVID-19. You also agree that you will not hold Uncle Dan’s Pawn or our employees liable for any illness or injury to yourself or your family.
What we are doing to stop the spread
- We are closely monitoring our employees’ health. Anyone exhibiting signs of illness will be sent home for an appropriate timeframe.
- Our staff is continually disinfecting our stores throughout the day. All common surfaces will be sanitized to assure the most germ-free, hygienic environment for our customers. Staff will continue to wash their hands thoroughly and use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Under local shelter-in-place guidelines, we are limiting the total number of customers in our stores at any one time. To keep the required social distance, please be prepared to wait outside the store and maintain a safe distance from those around you.
- STOP! Please go home and call our store if you have a fever or respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or coughing. Also, please do not enter our store if you have been exposed to COVID-19, have a family member or close friend with the virus, or recently traveled to an area designated as high risk by the CDC.
- As a reminder, layaway and loan extension payments can be made online through our app, MobilePawn. Plus, you can shop inventory at our family of stores online at shop.uncledanspawn.com.
download our app, mobilepawn
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we strongly encourage all customers to download and use our free app, MobilePawn. You can make many transactions online through the app without coming to the store. MobilePawn is available from Google Play and the Apple Store and is easy to use. Simply download the app and call or email the store to activate your account.
With the MobilePawn app, you can:
- Access your account and receive important messages
- Extend loan payment due dates for up to 120 days*
- Make layaway payments
- Submit new loan requests
- Shop inventory at all our stores online
A Note to our customers
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow all Dallas County Health Department and the US Center for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines. We encourage you to check back for the latest news and updates that could affect our business operations and hours.
We will get through this together.
Be safe and thank you for being a valued customer,
Dan Foster, President, and Chief Executive Officer
Kim Foster, Vice President
* It is important for customers to understand the difference between a loan extension and a loan payment. Texas law disallows online pawn loan payments; however, you can extend your loan due date online through our app up to 120 days. A loan extension is paying forward or pushing your current due date to future date. It does not pay your current accrued interest or principal. Learn more about pawn loans and renewals.