Introducing Entrupy Authentication:
New App Spots Fake Designer Goods
Danielle Foster, GIA, Jewelry Specialist scanning handbags with Entrupy. Photographed by Eddie Fisher, exitphotography.com
First in Dallas with Entrupy Technology
Introducing Entrupy Authentication! Uncle Dan’s Pawn is proud to be the first in Dallas to sign on with Entrupy, the new app taking aim at the $400 billion fakes industry.* Simply put, Entrupy uses computer vision and algorithms to authenticate designer goods. Using the scanning wand, Entrupy compares microscopic images against millions of images in a patented algorithm. The results are 98.5% accurate and backed by a financial guarantee!
You Cannot Fake an Algorithm
Counterfeit designer brands sell online and in resale markets throughout Dallas and the country. While you know to question a $50 LV bag at an open-air market, it is almost impossible to spot a high-quality fake with the naked eye. These bags come with boxes, dust covers, papers, hardware, and serial numbers that appear completely legitimate. But, what your eyes cannot see, computer vision can. With Entrupy Authentication, Uncle Dan’s customers will know they are purchasing the real deal.
As part of our 30th Anniversary Sale-a-bration, Uncle Dan’s Pawn and Entrupy are hosting a Free Authentication Event. That’s a $40 value. Free!
What: Free Entrupy Authentication Event
Who: Deanna Thompson,
Customer Success & Evangelist, and
Danielle Foster, UDP GIA Jewelry Specialist
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Where: Uncle Dan’s Pawn – North Dallas
1057 W. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas TX
(Just west of I-35 on W. Mockingbird Lane)
Why: Because no one should have a stake in a fake!
Our event is free and open to the public. Scans take approximately 15 minutes. We will print Certificates of Authenticity on all positive scans. So, grab your handbags, wallets, belts, and other “great finds” and come to our Free Authentication Event. It’s an easy and fun way to find out if you have a deal or a dud!
Based in New York City, Entrupy was developed by a team of engineers and New York University. It is the only technology-driven solution on the market with guaranteed results. Entrupy uses computer microscopy up to 350,000 times magnification and artificial intelligence algorithms to analyze the authenticity of designer goods in real time. Entrupy has been featured in technology magazines, Bloomberg Business, the New York Post, Harper’s Bazaar Online, and more!
Presently, Entrupy Authentication supports the following brands and brand lines:
- Balenciaga – Lambskin (Agneau) leather, Goatskin (Chevre) leather, and all other leathers
- Bottega Veneta
- Burberry – Haymarket Check, Exploded Check, Nova Check, Super Nova Check, House Check, and all leathers
- Céline – All materials
- Chanel – Lambskin leather, Caviar leather, Patent leather, and all other materials
- Dior – Monogram & Coated Canvas, Calfskin leather, and all other materials
- Fendi – Fendi Canvas, Fendi Coated Canvas, Fendi leather, and all other materials
- Goyard – Goyardine Canvas
- Gucci – Gucci Canvas, Gucci Supreme Canvas, Guccissima leather, and all other materials
- Hermès – Clemence Leather, Togo Leather, Epson Leather, Box Calf Leather, and all other leathers (excludes exotic leathers)
- Louis Vuitton – Monogram Canvas, Epi, Vernis, Damier Ebene, Damier Azur, Damier Graphite
- Prada – Saffiano Leather
- YSL/Saint Laurent
For more information or to interview
our experts, email us at