Pet Howl-o-ween Costume Contest:
Enter for a Chance to Win a $100 Store Gift Certificate!
Ask Friends and Family to Like Your Photo Entry on Our Facebook Page!
We’re going to slay you with our Pet Howl-o-ween Costume Contest! Enter a photo of your pet on our Facebook page for a chance to win a $100 Store Gift Certificate. All pets in costumes are welcome! And, we are excited to see everyone’s pets whether they are 4-legged, eight-legged, furry, feathered, or scaley. It’s an extra fun way to show off your pet and enjoy Halloween!
Take Care Not to Stress Your Pet
All the loud noises, doorbells, and commotion can be stressful for your pet so it’s a good idea to monitor your pet closely. Keep your pet with you or in a quiet place to minimize anxiety during Trick or Treat time. All the cute outfits are fun, but they can be stressful and dangerous. When deciding on a costume, take a few minutes and read these tips to make sure your pet enjoys the experience as much as you do! Nationwide Pet Insurance offers these tips to keep your pet safe during the Halloween season.
- Select or make a costume that is not too tight around the neck, paws, legs, or torso. A tight costume could cause your pet to panic and lead to a potential injury.
- Also, tight elastics can pinch your pet’s body and cause swelling, discomfort, and stress.
- Even in colder temperatures, a heavy costume could cause your pet to overheat. If your pet is drooling, panting, or lethargic remove the costume and offer water as soon as possible.
- Never leave your pet alone while dressed in a Halloween costume. There is a risk that your pet could strangle from chewing and choking on parts, or getting tangled.
- Keep Halloween candy and chocolate out of your pet’s reach. Many ingredients like peanuts and chocolate are toxic to animals. See the list.
Contest DatesThe contest begins Friday, October 12, 2018, and ends Sunday, October 28, 2018, at midnight CST.
How to Enter
- Our Pet Howl-o-ween Costume Contest is a Photo Contest on Facebook. To enter, go to Uncle Dan’s Pawn Facebook Page and post a photo of your pet in costume under the Howl-0-ween Pet Costume Contest post. (a) Include the name of your pet and a costume description with your post.
- All photo entries must be good to high-quality photographs that clearly show the pet in costume. Blurry images and images in poor lighting will be removed and are not eligible to win. If removed, please submit a better quality photograph.
- Limit one entry per person/Facebook profile. By entering, you agree that you photographed your entry (a) for this contest, (b) is an original photograph and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other party, (c) has not been published in any other medium or contest, and (d) has not received a prior reward.
- By entering, you permit us to use your photo entry for promotions in the present or future,
Voting For Your Favorite
One “Like” equals one vote. Only Likes on the official photo entry on Uncle Dan’s Facebook Page qualifies as a vote. Votes are limited to one vote per person/Facebook profile per photo entry. We will subtract duplicate votes from the entry totals. Voting is open to everyone so be sure to ask all of your friends and family for support!
The photo entry that receives the largest number of Facebook post “Likes” on Uncle Dan’s Facebook Page is the winner. Ask your friends and family members to find and Like your post on Uncle Dan’s Facebook Page to help you win! In the event of a tie, Uncle Dan will determine the winner based on pet personality, originality, and creativity. All decisions are final. Entries that do not comply with the contest rules are subject to removal and disqualification.
Notification of Winner
We will notify the winner by Facebook messenger on Tuesday, October 30, 2018. The winner agrees to pick-up the $100 Store Gift Certificate in the store of his/her choice at an agreed time and date. If at all possible, please bring your pet for the Announcement photograph!
Our Pet Costume Contest is a local interest contest for Dallas, TX area residents who are 18 years or older. In general, we define “local interest” as Dallas, TX plus 50 miles. By entering, the winner understands and agrees to accept the prize in person on a mutually agreed date and time, as well as sign a photography release for promotional announcements. If possible, please bring your pet to be apart of the announcement photograph!
ExclusionsEmployees, business associates, vendors, and associated family members are welcome to send photos but are not allowed to enter officially.
This contest is sponsored and administrated by Uncle Dan’s Pawn Shops, Inc. and Uncle Dan’s Outlet, Inc. We are using our company Facebook page as the posting and sharing platform for our contest; however, our contest is not sponsored or endorsed by Facebook.#halloweenpetcontest #halloweenpets